[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Error/Warning Icons for alerts

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Sep 6 11:35:58 EDT 2010

Hi,

I came across the issue when working on "Error messages when writing to
device (Journal) [1]": Our alerts (e.g. "Connecting to the school
server", the error message when you can not copy an item to a removable
device...) do not have an icon at the left, even though the alert does
allow for that.

For the moment we use the emblem-warning (attached) for example in the
Control Panel for the inline alerts (you have to restart Sugar in order
to have the changes take effect).

Having an icon with the alert does help learners that can not read yet,
or simply when the alert is not translated in the specific language yet.
I guess for the start an icon for warning and one for error would be a
good start.

What do others think?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
Simon