[Sugar-devel] git send-email

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Mon Sep 6 09:39:44 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Bert Freudenberg's message of Mon Sep 06 14:10:50 +0200 2010:

> > 2. You haven't set up git-email correctly: user.email isn't set.
> >   IIRC it should have told you that when sending.
>
> Actually my mail address was set in git, and used correctly as you can see in the bounce report.

Ah, you're right. It seems git send-email leaves it up to the MTA to
choose the enveloper sender by default, relying on the latter being
configured appropriately. Please try setting sendemail.envelopesender to
"auto". That should cause git send-email to specify the address from the
From: header as envelope sender.

Your other issue (dial-up) is independent of that, of course.

BTW: sascha at silbe.org usually only receives SPAM, so it's easy for me
to overlook any legitimate mail sent their. Please use my Sugar Labs
address (silbe@) instead if you'd like to contact me privately. For
patches sent to sugar-devel it isn't necessary.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/