[Sugar-devel] Sugar 0.88 doesn report all favourite connections to NetworkManager at startuo

Franco Miceli fmiceli at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Mon Sep 6 07:49:04 EDT 2010

Hi list,

While making mods to NM autoconnection feature I've come across a weird
behaviour from the favourites connections (/home/olpc/.sugar/
connections.cfg) reported to NetworkManager at startup.

What I've seen is that -only at startup- just one connection gets reported
to real_get_best_autoconnection (a function within nm-device-wifi.c), thus
being this one the one that gets chosen by NM (if there's an AP that matches
it).

At first I thought it was that the wireless scans did not report all the APs
within range, but later -by debugging the program I found out that only one
favourite connection was reported (from several in connections.cfg) and all
APs where seen. This behaviour doesn't repeat itself if the autoconnection
feature gets executed after this first time.

I've already opened a ticket in sugar's track, that is waiting to be
accepted.

This happened with sugar 0.88 [Dextrose] and NetworkManager 0.7.2.997, on
the XO 1.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks for everything.

Cheers

--
Ing. Franco Miceli
CITS - Plan Ceibal - Investigación & Desarrollo