[Sugar-devel] Bug tracking Vs Patch review

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Mon Sep 6 07:33:54 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Gonzalo Odiard's message of Thu Sep 02 22:49:46 +0200 2010:

> The ticket must be closed in Trac when the code its commited?

In general, yes. We consider it fixed when the code is in git. The
ticket might be kept open if it's going to be backported to some
previous version (keywords olpc-0.84 resp. dextrose I think) or if
the patch is just a temporary workaround.

Other organisations have a more complicated process that keeps on
tracking the status until the fix is in a release / at the user,
but I don't think we have anyone willing to do the extra work.
I haven't seen the backporters (maintainers of 0.84 and 0.88 branches)
asking for a better way to track what they need to backport, so I guess
everyone is happy with the process so far (except for the patch review,
but that's a separate issue).

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/