[Sugar-devel] Release command (sugar-tools) use commit messages now

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Sep 3 10:00:55 EDT 2010

Hi,

I did change [1] the release script (sugar-tools) to use commit messages
and not looking for closed tickets only. Basically we do now:

git log v0.89.7..v0.89.8 --no-merges --pretty=format:"%s (%an)"

which does gives us the commit message and the name of the author. What
you will get in the editable output then is more verbose but you can
then pick from the messages what looks relevant to you (as a maintainer).

We did look in the tickets back in the days since we did attach as well
test cases and appended them to the release mail. Since this is not
practice anymore...

If anyone encounters any issues (dear all maintainers:) please ping me.

Regards,
    Simon

[1]
http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar-tools/repos/mainline/commits/266a77e157002d7863e3043da6a9ccbc0a171a16