[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Activities not starting on groupinstall sugar-desktop with on HD installed f14-Alpha-DVD.

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu Sep 2 17:34:37 EDT 2010

FYI:
I just completed a  groupinstall sugar-desktop on an 8 GB USB installed
with the  f14-Alpha-DVD

this included the extra x64  14.07.noarch anaconda repo. after asking
for permission during install
0.89.6 sugar and 0.90 presence were installed

 >Starts: Etoys 115
 >Fails to start with pop up box: log-23; write 69; record 66; IRC 6;
chat 66; terminal 31; Turtle Blocks 92; Browse 117; read 79; Physics 5
 > CP shows: sugar 0.89.3 f14-branched

All activities are in /usr/share/sugar/activities

there is no Activities directory located in /home/(user)

I see the new 3AD-hoc wireless AP's in f1 neighborhood and the Journal
sort icon on the top frame

This same behavior, of activities not starting, occurs in sugar-emulator
and a gdm chosen sugar.

Tom Gilliard
satellit