[Sugar-devel] Development Meetings

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Oct 27 18:02:41 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:33:12AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> 1. I am *much* more likely to read and/or participate in your
>    discussions if they occur in email as opposed to in IRC.

I agree.  Mail is asynchronous.  I tend not to use IRC for Sugar
discussions, though my attention can be attracted in working hours if my
nickname is mentioned.

> 2. If you do decide to use email, please use separate threads for
>    separate topics, perhaps with "RFC:" and "RFD:" subject prefixes.

I agree.

> 3. Regardless of medium, how do you imagine summarizing the feedback
>    received as a result of discussion for easy access in the future?

I imagine that a thread closing summary post, with the subject tag
[SUMMARY], would be posted.  A link to this might then be recorded in
other medium.

> 4. How do you intend to bring discussions to closure?

I don't know how to do that, and it is frustrating to me.  Discussions
seem to keep going on and on, drilling down into trivialities, bringing
in orthogonal points, introducing new motions or variations to motions
without any seconding.  The community here does act in any way like a
deliberative assembly.  Achieving consensus is hard.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/