[Sugar-devel] Development Meetings

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Wed Oct 27 12:51:00 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:33:12AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:47:03 +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> >>
> >> Nak.  Already booked, weekly event, high priority.
> >>
> >> http://whenisgood.net/ may interest you, it is a way to schedule an
> >> event ... I've found it very useful.
> >
> > ... Of course this thread might be used to discuss all topics before the
> > meeting.
>
> Dear Aleksey and James,
>
> Here are some small comments and questions for you:
>
>     1. I am *much* more likely to read and/or participate in your discussions if
>        they occur in email as opposed to in IRC.
>
>     2. If you do decide to use email, please use separate threads for separate
>        topics, perhaps with "RFC:" and "RFD:" subject prefixes.
>
>     3. Regardless of medium, how do you imagine summarizing the feedback received
>        as a result of discussion for easy access in the future?
>
>     4. How do you intend to bring discussions to closure?

These are good questions. I personally think that having more formalized
ML discussion (to take core team decisions) will be a huge plus (it is
impossible to take any decision only during a meeting) and not only for
people who prefer email to IRC.

Does anyone have ready to use recipes?

PS
Don't see any problems to have at least one IRC meeting [2] to discuss,
(and take a motion) already posted questions [1] including above question.

PPS
Within this thread.

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Meetings#Upcoming_Agenda
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Meetings#Upcoming_Meetings