[Sugar-devel] Development Meetings

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Tue Oct 26 08:16:47 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 12:09:22PM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Since we don't have team lead (for a long time) there a bunch of
> questions that need to be fixed.
>
> (imho, we might not even need team lead for Development Team, all
> questions might be solved in process while, weekly/daily on-purpose
> meetings. Lead is required eg for community relationships or an
> architect)
>
> So, I'm proposing to have weekly on-purpose meetings. All people who have
> questions for Development Team, that might be useful to discuss having a
> concilium of interested in developers, are welcome. All people who take
> part in core coding are welcome as well.
>
> I've added topics that are important for me[1], add that is important
> for you.
>
> [1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Meetings#Upcoming_Agenda

..since I was the first who posted meeting request, let me summarise..

In my mind the first topic to discuss during upcoming meeting (the first one
since June, 30) should be organisation questions (better to know whats
going on and how to move forward).

Keeping in mind this assumption (and that people, who replied to this thread,
tend to share this vision), I think better to have as much concilium as
possible (for one meeting, regular meetings time might be chosen during
upcoming one). I've collected a list of people (including Simon as
Release Manager) and time zones:

People                                                       UTC
Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org>                         any
James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>                            -11
Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com>                    00
Martin Jose Abente Lahaye <martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com>  -04
Sascha Silbe <sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org>          +1
Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>                      +1
Steven Parrish <smparrish at gmail.com>                         ?
Tim McNamara <paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz>                  -12
Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>                     -5
                                                            -4

What about having [only] upcoming meeting on nearest weekends,
something like Saturday, 22:00 UTC?

--
Aleksey