[Sugar-devel] [Dextrose] Pending patchs for Paint

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Sat Oct 23 04:21:11 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Martin Langhoff's message of Fri Oct 22 20:58:22 +0200 2010:

> > I certainly hope that each bundle released by Sugar Labs or associated
>
> Sure. Not everything's perfect. Let's make sure we drag things back to
> normality.

Re-reading my sentence and reading your reply makes me wonder whether
it was too strong wording. If so, please accept my apologies and attribute
this to the fact that I'm not a native speaker.

As a developer, it's important to me that the corresponding source code
for each released object (e.g. activity bundles) is easily accessible.
If someone forgets to add the tag, that's simply a mistake and part of
normal operation (we are just humans after all). What upset me was the
fact that apparently some tags were left out _on_ _purpose_ and this is
what I argued against (because without discussion we cannot agree on
doing things differently in the future).

> If something's controversial it may not be on 'master' but there's no
> reason to have it in the sugarlabs git repos where everyone looks for
> src.

I suppose this should have read "*not* to have it"?

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/