[Sugar-devel] Record activity. Adjusting the input level.

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 17 20:02:10 EDT 2010

Hi Tom,

On 4 Oct 2010, at 12:28, tom.staubitz at fhtw-berlin.de <tom.staubitz at fhtw-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> is there a way to adjust the input level of audio recordings in Record, according to the volume of the sound source?
> I read every piece of documentation I found[1][2]. It does not look as if this is supported?

I just read your blog post on hooking up two XOs with a mic lead so that one can play and the other record. You mentioned needing to adjust the output volume by trial and error to not distortion — have you tried running the Measure activity? I think you should see the line-in input waveform so you can check for clipping (sorry can't test, only have one XO with me here at the moment).

Regards,
--Gary