[Sugar-devel] Home button in browse - toolbar images

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 14 14:47:15 EDT 2010

Hi Gonzalo,

On 5 Oct 2010, at 20:32, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:

> Gary:
> Here are the screenshots.
> I comented a check of cairo version to add the tabs button.
>
> toolbar-browse-0.90.png and  toolbar-browse-0.84.png are with the emulator at 1200x900
>
> browse-90-in-sugar-emulator.png and browse-90-in-emulator-without-tabs.png are the worst case, sugar-emulator by default.
> I don't know if is a real case.

I've tinkered with Browse on an XO-1 to fake the extra home and tab button so we are looking at our most likely common usage environment (as XO-1/1.5 folks upgrade Sugar). The stop button does not fall off the end in this case, though the search field is much smaller than I'd like to be honest. As an emergency stop gap before we can code the reload/stop icon to move into the URL input location (as per the clear icon in Sugar search fields), it is at least a feasible option.

FWIW under Simon's 0.90 F14 XO-1 builds the add new tab icon is auto disabled (due to some other tab/api bug avoidance), so there is a at least little more space for the location field.

What is the target deployment you have in mind? One of the Dextrose builds?

Note: I think Lucian mentioned he might be considering making the add new tab  icon into a sub toolbar reveal, so that he has space for the add, remove, next, last tab features (see Terminal for the example tab control use case). If he is really considering this soon ;) then it might be better to move the add new tab icon over to where I have placed the go-home icon, and move the go-home icon over to where the add tab icon is placed (so the primary toolbar icons with sub-toolbars are all together on the left).