[Sugar-devel] Dbus signal when ebook switch is activated

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Thu Oct 14 14:29:30 EDT 2010

I don't see Gnome doing anything with this event.
It's a very specific XO thing ...
I probably don't are explaining well what I need.
I am reading the event with dbus, it's working. I think it's the wright way
to do this today.
But it's strange it send a array with two boolean values (lid and ebook
switchs) but ever with the value in False.
I want to check if the software who emit the dbus signal is checking in the
wright place for the switch state.

Now I am testing in a XO-1, and don't have the dbus signal.
Also the devices are different:
in XO-1 cat /proc/bus/input/devices show the lid switch in event1 ant the
ebook switch in event2
in XO-1.5 cat /proc/bus/input/devices show the lid switch in event2 ant the
ebook switch in event4
in the XO-1 don't have the /proc/acpi directory
The two machines have a 852 img

Gonzalo