[Sugar-devel] Weekly test request reminders? (was Re: Priorities for testing)

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Oct 13 10:10:09 EDT 2010

On 09/29/2010 08:47 PM, Tom Parker wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 14:30 +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>
>> that would be excellent indeed. We especially need help with 0.90
>> testing. What hardware and software setup are you using for testing?
>> XOs? Soas?
>
> In Auckland we have quite a lot of XO-1s (mostly CL1 models) and a few
> XO-1.5s (mostly prototypes with the wireless powersaving hardware
> fault). We have virtualbox and regular laptop hardware, but I don't
> think we have anything on which wireless works with soas. We also have a
> schoolserver and good internet connectivity.
>
> Wellington has a similar number of XOs, but I'll let Tim describe their
> soas, virtualbox and other resources.
>
> See http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_New_Zealand
>
> Personally, I find XO, SoaS and VirtualBox images easiest to test, we
> download the night before and re-image our XOs or make new SoaS. For
> example there is a Sugar 0.90 release email on this list today and I
> have no idea what I'd do with the source.

Hi Tom,

the announcements do tell people that the sources are available. Then it
has to be packaged by distributions (Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu etc...).
 From there Spins like Soas or the XO picks them up [1].

I am doing XO builds containing the latest Sugar (0.90) for the XO [2].

So given from your information, that should be a good way for you to
test 0.90.

I will do a new build by the end of the week. Watch out for the
announcement.

Thanks,
    Simon

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.90/Notes#Update_to_this_version