[Sugar-devel] Sugar Command - ruins the JOURNAL

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 15:31:25 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 3:15 PM,  <nanonano at mediagala.com> wrote:
> If the kid types "sugar" command it erases the journal (after resetting the
> XO).
>
> A child contact us for that problem. is it possible to recovery the old
> Journal?
>
> A child contacted us for this problem, he typed the command "sugar" in
> TERMINAL
>

> If I type "sugar" command it appears TWO JOURNALS, but when I reset the XO
> the old JOurnal disappear
>

> We are using XO-1 , sugar 0.82
>

> Paolo Benini
> Montevideo

I just replicated the bug. Pretty nasty. But I think there is a way to
recover. From Terminal:

cd ~/.sugar/default
ls

You should see several directories with the name datastore:

datastore
datastore12xxxxxxxx34.xx

I believe the old datastore is the one with the long numeric name.

Try the following:

mv datastore datastore.empty
mv datastore12xxxxxxx34.xx datastore

reboot