[Sugar-devel] SL Bug #2063

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Oct 11 03:57:55 EDT 2010

On 10 October 2010 20:14, Mukul Gupta <mukul at seeta.in> wrote:
> With reference to SL Bug # 2063 which deals with bringing some kind of
> notification alert whenever an unhandled python exception occurs, I had a
> few doubts. There are two approaches that I can think of.

Neither of these sounds sensible.

What's wrong with the obvious solution of popping up a dialog when the
exception occurs?

Technically the exceptions are not unhandled, if they were unhandled
then sugar would crash. I guess we're referring to exceptions that are
not handled gracefully and instead fall back to a catch-all handler
which does not have the knowledge to act on them.

Daniel