[Sugar-devel] wordgroupz ( A vocabulary building app) ported to sugar

Ratnadeep Debnath rtnpro at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 10:34:51 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, Wordnet brings in lots of dependencies, including Tcl. I think
> you'd be better off bundling the dictionary with your activity. I also
> had to install the python bindings for espeak. And once I launched it,
> it didn't seem to have any data loaded...

It will be good to have the wordnet dictionary db packaged separately
from the wordnet application.
Also, wordgroupz, initially is empty, even though it has got a
dictionary. wordgroupz is basically like a
notebook for noting down new words we come across. But, a dictionary
view can also be added to it
easily.

> /usr/share/pixmaps/wordgroupz.png was also missing from line 608 of game.py
I'll fix this.

And I needed some help to design an icon for wordgroupz for sugar. Any
artwork person willing to help?

Thanks,
Regards,
rtnpro