[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Testing Summary - Wellington, 9 Oct 2010

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 08:17:33 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 12:16 AM, Tim McNamara
<paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz> wrote:
> Forwarding to Sugar-devel..

[snip]

> ## sliderule-21
> Kristina =>
>  - failed to load: log exerpt :-

http://activities.sugarlabs.org/downloads/file/27062/sliderule-22.xo
should fix the problem.

[snip]

> Testing Manual
>
> There are two types of tests that people generally do when we are supporting
> OLPC and Sugar Labs.
>
>  - general mucking about:
>    - we want to learn if there are any behviours that seem normal to the
>      software developers that doen't seem normal to new users, especially
>      kids.

Be great to get more insight into this... kids tend to me more
adaptable than developers (and adults in general).

>    - we want to hold activites to a consistent standard. This means that
>      buttons do what they say they do.
>
>  - regression testing:
>    - testing that a fix to bug actually fixes the problem it says it does
>    - testing that a fix doesn't cause something else to reoccur

-walter

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs