[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Schedule after Sugar 0.90.0 is released --- or "After the game is before the game"

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:28:13 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 2:38 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> On 10/06/2010 04:54 PM, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>>
>> === Testing 0.90 ===
>> So far we have not seen much testing of 0.90 yet, that is why the bug
>> fix releases noted above are so important to us. We need as well your
>> help to actually discover the bugs! There are basically three ways how
>> you can test as of today (besides using sugar-jhbuild):
>>
>> * Install Fedora 14 on a machine and install the Sugar desktop
>>
>> * Test using Sugar on a stick: Get one of the nightly snapshots [4] and
>> put it on a usb key. You can find instructions about it at [5]. It is
>> good to subscribe to the Soas mailing list (low traffic) [6] for
>> announcement and discussions in that case.
>>
>> * If you have an XO (XO-1 or XO-1.5) you can use an image from [7].
>>
>> If you are aware of any other distribution where Sugar 0.90 can be
>> tested easily please comment.

Ubuntu Sugar Remix is being released in about three days.  Releasing
USR with sugar .90 required us to coordinate too many moving pieces.

I expect that .90 will be available on Debian within two week (thanks
Jonas).  We will then sync the Debian packages to Ubuntu Maverick
(they will be available in a ppa) a week or so later (thanks Seeta).

david