[Sugar-devel] Memory leak in Sugar -- how to dump Py data

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:14:50 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Great. thanks! Setup a test machine and keeping an eye on it.

Even without waiting much, it's clear we're leaking objects referred
to the UI representation of the access points.

`iwlist scan ` spots 37 APs, and that's roughly what you see in the
UI. Some with weak signal appear and disappear --

How did I find this? Using heapy, I see that the top 3 entries have
120, 120 and 363 objects, and they grow "in concert".  When I "dump"
the entries of the top one with .theone, the object looks like a UI
widget for an AP. If I do

for n in range(120):
    hp.heap()[0].byid[n].theone['_primary_text']

what I see is the ESSIDs of the APs -- repeated multiple times.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions