[Sugar-devel] Alt-tab key does not work in F14 and sugar-emulator #2300

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Wed Oct 6 09:38:02 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Simon Schampijer's message of Wed Oct 06 15:21:29 +0200 2010:

> I have been bumping into [1] [...]

Just to avoid confusion: This has nothing to do with how you run Sugar
(i.e. it will occur both with sugar-emulator and running Sugar as a
"regular" desktop session). It is (according to Bernie - I didn't quite
grok the code) a bug in some versions of Xorg and will appear on some
distro versions, independent of how you installed Sugar (native distro
packages or sugar-jhbuild).

It's supposed to be fixed (haven't checked myself yet) in recent Xorg
versions. Bernie has also written a patch that lets metacity work around
the bug. With that patch applied, "metacity-message disable-keybindings"
works fine again.

ISTR somebody got in touch with the metacity maintainers to land the
workaround, but don't know what got of it.
To get the workaround (or an Xorg fix) into distros we will also need to
there has been no follow-up from the reporter so the ticket is marked as
Incomplete. [1]

Sascha

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/metacity/+bug/634415
--