[Sugar-devel] Activity permissions, Object Chooser (was: Re: Advice request: XO sound recording)

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:16:24 EDT 2010

Sascha,

Sorry about the idiomatic English.  It sounds like what you're saying
the permissions would be and what I would have them be are close
enough, maybe exactly the same.  If I am correct then we could make a
version of the Library Activity that allows a user to specify a list
of Journal objects he is willing to share by selecting them from the
Journal, then share just those objects, as long as he doesn't make the
list and share the objects at the same time.  Does that sound
accurate?  It seems to me that this was what Library version 2 was
supposed to do.

I agree on GNOME 3 making it impossible to write an Activity that
works on new and older versions of Sugar.  For awhile there you could
write an Activity that made the most of whatever version of Sugar was
available and I strove to do that and teach others how to do that.

I'll have to take another look at the Object Chooser.  It won't be for
awhile; the latest version of Linux I run at home is Fedora 11 and I
have other work I want to finish before I upgrade.

James Simmons