[Sugar-devel] The great OLPC/Sugar manual Booki migration begins

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 15:47:23 EST 2010

All the Sugar manuals we wrote using FLOSS Manuals have to be migrated
from the current TWiki site to the new Booki site at:

http://booki.flossmanuals.net

If you are the maintainer of one of these books you can easily copy
the book over by visiting the site, getting an account, and doing
three things:

1).  Join the Group "One Laptop per Child/Sugar Labs".

2).  Import the book using the "My Manuals" page.

3).  Add the book to the Group.

I could import all the books myself, but that would make me the chief
maintainer of the books, an honor I deserve about as much as Bristol
Palin deserved to win on Dancing With The Stars.  If, after a
reasonable amount of time (in other words, we have to migrate the book
or risk losing it entirely) no maintainer comes forward I will import
the books remaining.

As before, anyone can update any book.  The maintainer does not have
any special privileges as far as I can see.

Some advice:

If you want to rename your book rename it in the TWiki Table of
Contents page *before* you do your import.

I don't know how this affects translations of books yet.  I would
guess that these books stay where they are for the time being.  I have
brought up the question on the FM mailing list.

James Simmons