[Sugar-devel] Pathagar, Library Activity, etc.

Bastien bastien.guerry at wikimedia.fr
Mon Nov 22 04:02:20 EST 2010

Hi James,

James Simmons <nicestep at gmail.com> writes:

> I think most of you know I wrote a FLOSS Manual called "Make Your Own
> Sugar Activities!"  What you may not know is that I've been working on
> a second FLOSS Manual which is about e-books and Sugar (current title
> "E-Book Enlightenment: Reading And Leading With One Laptop Per
> Child").

This sounds fantastic, really looking forward reading your book.

I've searched in your draft and didn't find any mention of Wikisource.

Wikisource is far behind Gutenberg in terms of formats as it only offers
HTML (through mediawiki), wikitext and PDF (with some limitations).

But maybe it's worth mentionning it along other services.

> After working on this book for many months I've come to the conclusion
> that the combination of Sugar and free e-books has ENORMOUS potential.

I share your point.  Once we're done with the various translation
projects we have at OLPC France, I would really like us to translate
your books into french, when it's available.

> http://en.flossmanuals.net/ReadingandSugar/Introduction

Thanks and good luck with finalizing this,

--
 Bastien