[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Dr. Geo-1012

Sugar Labs Activities activities at sugarlabs.org
Mon Nov 22 02:54:18 EST 2010

Activity Homepage:
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/addon/4323

Sugar Platform:
0.82 - 0.90

Download Now:
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/downloads/file/27118/drgeoii-1012.xo

Release notes:
Bugs tracker at https://gforge.inria.fr/tracker/?func=browse&group_id=1308&atid=6332

Bugs fixes

    * #10951: "undo" should restore the object's name. Create a point, rename it, erase it, and undo. The point is restored but its name is no longer displayed. DrGeo seems to remember the name but it forgets to redisplay it. It is now fixed.
    * #11146: Invisible items in the style menu. With the Sugar Theme, some items of the style menu are invisible: line size and line style are by default black with a black background. Solution: force to a white background in the menu.
    * #11285: Remove duplicated methods basicType and nodeName. basicType and nodeName methods from the MathItem class should be merged. It is a duplication for historical reason related to the xml save format. These attributes are identical except for: arc - arcCircle; ray - halfLine; value - numeric. nodeName should be removed. It makes some code (macro loading from a xml description) unnecessary complicated.
    * #10882: Extent file format. Extent the current file format to support: DrGeo Smalltalk scripting; DrGeo macro and extended style. Now Macro and script can be saved/load; moreover the XML format is extended to support label and vector positioning and extended style.
    * #10957: Creating a circle from segment and point. When creating a circle by selecting a segment first, there is a an error. I decided to remove this mechanism to create circle. I have hiatus because when creating circle, I am using the FlyPointXXXBuilder to create on the fly point and to get a live moving circle (we do not have this feature in DrGeo 1.1).
    * #10941: The macro and script dialogs now stay on the foreground
    * #10952: Wrong message in script dialog

New features

    * #10881: Preview in the file widget. With the file dialog, we should have a preview of the user selected DrGeo file.
    * #10880: Icon to quit DrGeo. Currently, to quit the application, the user must access to the world Pharo menu then select quit without saving. We should have on a the task bar a button to quit directly DrGeo. I implemented a DrGreo world menu with the even more options: new figure; open a DrGeo file; quit the DrGeo environment. It can be extended in the future with more menu entries.
    * #11366: Creating a math item already existing but hidden. When the user defines an item already existing but hidden, DrGeo factory prevents a duplicated definition, so the user will fell DrGeo refuses to create the wished item. However the user does not have a chance to realize his item is not created because it is already defined but hidden. In this case, DrGeo should just unhidden the existing item, so the user got the expected feedback.

Sugar Labs Activities
http://activities.sugarlabs.org