[Sugar-devel] gst interactions crashing Turtle Art with Sensors

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 08:22:48 EST 2010

I recently refactored the Turtle Blocks code that is used to play
multimedia files from the Journal based on the Jukebox activity. It
works great and playback is much more robust as a result (See #1613).
However, in the process, the sensor block code, which was not changed,
now segfaults -- not every time, but often enough to make the code
unusable. I use gstreamer in both cases. The presence of the sensor
code does not impact the audio and video playback, but the presence of
the Jukebox code, even if I do not initialize the stream, causes the
segfaults. (If I slip the old code in, sensors work fine.) Anyone have
any clues as to where I should begin to look? Running GDB didn't seem
to tell me much about where the error is occurring... somewhere deep
in gst land.

-walter

--
Walter Bender