[Sugar-devel] Engineering Team

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Sat Nov 20 08:06:18 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 04:27:49AM +0000, Martin Dengler wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 02:53:06AM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > (Just trying to summarize previous discussions, including recent one
> > on #sugar with some kind of motion)
> >

> > = The problem =
> [...]
> > = Engineering Team [the solution] =
> [...]
>
> I'm not opposed to the discussion.  While we (continue to) have it, am
> I wrong in thinking the de factor situation is that:
>
> - anyone who is allowed push to sugar* repos is allowed to approve and
>   / or push a patch or other code (and is trusted to not push
>   contentious things)

The practice was (if got it right), only glucose maintainers (discussing
with their peers) might say "please push"
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release/Modules#Glucose

When Tomeu stepped aside, we have "unmaintained" for sugar. Another
important module is maintained by Simon, but he is busy with OLPC work.

The idea is having several people who can say "please push" for all
glucose modules. Maybe better to have such people per module, but we
have only 4 modules (I guess people will manage to work together),
moreover there might situations when patches/features affect several
core modules eg ds and shell.

> - people who are not allowed to push to sugar should do this to get
>   code in: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Code_Review

All patch/feature providers need to follow this rule (including glucose
maints who need to patch). That was in previous scheme and I think would
be useful to keep this way for the new one.

--
Aleksey