[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Extending activity microformat spec to include optional olpc_activity_size

Anish Mangal anishmangal2002 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 00:59:36 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm in process of developing an updater for sugar that reads urls (for
example [1]) which contain information in a format compliant with the
'activity microformat specification' [2]. While writing the updater
code, I realized that I have to make lots of time and bandwidth
consuming http requests to ascertain activity bundle size; information
that can easily be included in the microformat embedded in the update
url.

Thus, I propose to include an optional 'olpc-activity-size' tag in the
microformat specification, so as to rid the world of extra http
requests. If anyone has any concerns or suggestions, please speak up
:-)

[1] http://wiki.paraguayeduca.org/index.php/Actividades_Dextrose_1
[2] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_microformat

Anish | anish at sugarlabs.org