[Sugar-devel] access to the FTP

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Nov 17 19:39:50 EST 2010

/usr/bin/ftp is included in OLPC OS 10.1.2 and can be used, at a pinch,
in Terminal.  It can be scripted.

If connectivity with Journal is required, there is greater complexity,
because Journal does not provide a filesystem view expected by
/usr/bin/ftp.  copy-from-journal might then be needed.

An alternative might be HTTP based file upload using PHP or other web
server scripting environments.  The Browse activity then offers a
Browse... button which opens an object chooser offering to upload from
Journal.

There's also curlftpfs package if you would like to be able to access an
ftp server from command line as if it is a filesystem.

I think GNOME also provides a graphical UI for access via FTP, but I've
not used it.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/