[Sugar-devel] Coding style: line continuations

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Thu Nov 11 13:16:41 EST 2010

FWIW, I greatly prefer continuations of parentheses-enclosed
expressions to be aligned with the start paren.  Which also happens to
be emacs' default, for Python as well as c-mode.

<gratuitous-use-of-religion>
What crazy editor are you using which doesn't support this?
</gratuitous-use-of-religion>
 --scott

ps. In fact I've been known to gratuitously parenthesize
sub-expressions for the sole purpose of structuring their indentation.
 This is also the '-lp' option to GNU indent, which is included in
both the GNU coding style for C and the K&R style.  It's also the
correct indentation style illustrated in PEP8, saying "Make sure to
indent the continued line appropriately" before giving an example with
continuations aligned to parentheses.
  http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )