[Sugar-devel] [Alpha release] DevTutor activity

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 13:38:45 EST 2010

Manu,

I just ran it on my XO laptop with runs the .84 release for Paraguay.
Your Activity requires the new style toolbars, which .84 does not
support.  I realize that the purpose of your Activity is to
demonstrate the use of Sugar API's, so full backward compatibility
with graceful degradation may be unrealistic.  However, supporting
both new and old toolbars is not that difficult.  I describe a
workable method in "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!"  Judging from the
screenshots most of the API's you're demonstrating haven't changed
much, so maybe you could implement at least part of functionality in
.84, which might be the newest thing out in the field.

I'll try out your Activity at home in my dev environment and let you
know what I think.  It sound pretty neat!

Terrific job on the icon, by the way.

James Simmons