[Sugar-devel] Appearance Customization

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Sun Nov 7 17:08:00 EST 2010

On 8 November 2010 10:18, Lucian Branescu <lucian.branescu at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not just that. Your android phone has a lot of ram and a much faster
> cpu than the xo 1.0. And its java runtime is engineered especially for low
> memory usage.
>
> The xo 1.5 is much better. And python and sugar will get better.
>
> Starting too many applications at once and crashing the laptop is still
possible with an XO-1.5. Does anyone have any XO-1.5 deployment stories
around this problem?
I have been to XO-1.0 deployment which definitely had this problem and
telling the kids to stop opening everything and trying to teach them "stop"
was difficult.
Is the XO-1.5 big enough in the real world or does it just delay the
problem? We only test XO-1.5s here, not experienced with deployments of
XO-1.5s.
Thanks
Tabitha