[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Messages notification

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Sat Nov 6 00:44:00 EDT 2010

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 06:02:28PM -0300, Martin Abente wrote:
> Hello amigos,
>
> Recently I encountered many situations where a system-wide
> notification-messages system is required as a basis for many bug fixes or
> enhancements.
[...]
> Currently, Sugar does not have a mechanism to communicate to users
> different kind of information about sugar itself.

What about the notification system?  The Log activity?  The Journal
Full warning?  The Frame?  There are a lot of communication
mechanisms, but they dn't seem to do what you wnat:

> 1. Simple text messages display.

Where do you think this would best be shown?  Text is limited in the
UI to avoid literacy and translation burdens.

> 2. Messages manager, this would help the user to see what messages have been
> delivered in the current session, so they could react to those events (for
> example, reporting bugs).

Peraps Log could be changed to show this?  Or the Frame (doesn't it
already show the last few notifications?)?

> Saludos
> Martin (tch) Abente

Martin