[Sugar-devel] Browse scaling for XO display

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Nov 4 12:41:47 EDT 2010

On 11/04/2010 04:01 PM, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> Hi Walter,
>
> older builds had a nasty xulrunner patch, forcing dpi to 133, possibly
> as a workaround to xulrunning ignoring configured DPIs.
>
> I don't think that it's been carried forward -- I suspect xulrunner
> now obeys configured DPIs better.
>
> Given that configured DPI is the key element here, I don't think "from
> the server" vs "from disk" is likely to make a difference. A CSS
> definition set in points, % or picas is lurking somewhere... it is in
> an external file whose url works or breaks on disk or server.
>
> hth

http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/hulahop/repos/mainline/blobs/master/python/__init__.py#line96

We still do set the DPI in hulahop.

Slightly OT:
However I think some pages display rather badly on the XO. For example
the links on the top left on the google landing page are rather small
and blurry (not when in b/w mode). In the last days I tried to figure if
we can improve there but I did not find a good solution yet.

Regards,
    Simon