[Sugar-devel] Appearance Customization

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Tue Nov 2 12:56:24 EDT 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 04:17:12PM +0800, C. Scott Ananian wrote:
> I think we should let the kids customize their machines easily --
> certainly to change the colors.

Changing the colors is just editing
/usr/share/themes/sugar-72/gtk-2.0/gtkrc in a safe and reasonably
upgrade-friendly way, right?  A decent UI wouldn't be trivial but it's
not the end of the world, I guess.

I wonder how hard it would be to allow people to drag items from the
Frame-clipboard to the Home view...

>  But this discussion is an old one.
>  I wonder how it will turn out this time, maybe we've finally moved
> past some of the old bugbears.

I think you just helped by summarising how things evolved.