[Sugar-devel] Appearance Customization

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Nov 1 18:35:04 EDT 2010

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 03:58:58PM +0430, Mike Dawson wrote:
> Is that bountysource.com ?

I don't know, sorry.

> I guess this looks like we're talking
> about a week of work to get it done.

That's just my estimate, others may differ.

> I will check out these bounty
> sites this evening - but mine is up there?

I don't understand the question, sorry.

> Other deployments?

I don't understand the question, sorry.

> We all want it... Isn't $100 if you're on the ground pretty good value
> just for the peace and quiet time we can get by people playing with
> their colours instead of complaining about this one?

No, I'm not convinced of the value.  There's much value in complaints
and dealing with complaints in the relationship between learners and
educators.  That interaction teaches much.  I'd like to know from a
scientific analysis how many learners state a desire to change the
colours, and how many of them have had experience with other systems
(such as mobile phones) that allow customisation of that.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/