[Sugar-devel] Appearance Customization

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Nov 1 07:02:43 EDT 2010

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 02:48:57PM +0430, Mike Dawson wrote:
> let's make it colourful.  It would be great if they could choose their
> own colours for the grays that are currently around at the moment.

Between three and 15 hours work, to add a control panel for configuring
those colours, and then another six to 15 hours to find every relevant
place and change it to use 'em.

> Wallpaper would be great as well - particularly if they could take
> that from their image activities in the journal for example.

Between two and six hours work.

Then add about 50 hours if you want it upstreamed.  ;-)

> Does anyone have any rough estimates on what it would take to get this
> done?

My estimates are particularly rough.  Others with greater understanding
of the code might do better.

> I'd also be willing to put up for a bounty.  Any others with me on
> that?  I put $200 on the table right now.

There's a software bounty tracking web site somewhere.  Can't remember
where though.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/