[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Page for listing current Soas-v4 Mango Lassi bugs found on 3 download sites

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Mon Nov 1 00:58:49 EDT 2010

Matt Wronkiewicz wrote:
> What if, instead of concentrating on the nightly builds, we went after
> the updates to Fedora 15 as they came in? From reading through the
> past messages to the list, it seems like once someone else breaks
> something in Fedora core for us, we have a hard time fixing it. Two
> things would be really helpful for this. One, a page on the wiki
> explaining how to import a F15 update to a SoaS install. Two, a page
> detailing the standard procedures for testing SoaS. What do you think?
>
> Matt

I did such a test tonight by building a Remix pointed at the rawhide repo.

I used the procedure in:

 >    http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit#Build_Your_Own_Remix

I edited the fedora-live-mini.ks to point it to the rawhide repo (see
fedora-live-mini-rawhide,ks attached)
I edited the fedora-livecd-soas.ks to point to the above modified file.
Soas-v5-31102010-remix.txt is the command used in f14 root terminal to
run livecd-creator (livecd-to disk) to build the remix.iso
all three attached files are needed to do this.

This gives me a f15 (rawhide) Soas build.

Rawhide ( f15) now uses systemd (
http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd.html ) a completely new boot
system. : /
tonights remix.iso would not get into a graphic boot. startx seems to
endlessly cycle. the alternate boot method available is upstart:
*At boot*hold <ESC> <TAB> linux0 init=/sbin/upstart*
got to an init 3 login: liveuser logged in OK worked but startx failed
as well.

You will find that just testing the nightly composes and reporting bugs
to the developers is a full time job!

Cordially;

Tom Gilliard
satellit

PS: here are my Soas and remix test results:

Current:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Sugar_on_a_Stick_release_process#Test_Matix
Archive of older tests:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Features/Soas_V4/Install_Test_Table#Test_results