[Sugar-devel] [Sugar-Devel] Sugar Web Engine

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Mon May 31 05:09:34 EDT 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 01:58, Lucian Branescu
<lucian.branescu at gmail.com> wrote:
> In case you don't already know, I'm doing a GSoC project on improving
> the browser engine situation in Sugar
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2010/AbstractBrowser
>
> My exams haven't finished yet (last one on Wednesday), so before I
> start working, I want the opinion of people that use web engines in
> sugar applications or that are otherwise interested in web engines for
> sugar on how to proceed.
>
> I'd like answers to questions like "Should I drop hulahop and focus on
> webkit?" or "Is an API like hulahop's nice?", etc.

What we need to find out in order to find the right answers to that is
what's the future of xulrunner. If Mozilla plans to drop some part of
their platform essential for hulahop, or if distros are not willing to
keep packaging it in a way that hulahop can work, then we should just
forget about it and move to webkit.

> I'd like to set up a meeting on #sugar-meeting on Monday between 9 AM
> and 9 PM GMT, depending on the availability of attendees.

Great idea!

Regards,

Tomeu