[Sugar-devel] [Tecnologia] More Sugar 0.88 bugs to work on

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun May 30 23:59:13 EDT 2010

Yes, screenshot was working fine.

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 11:40:32PM -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> El Fri, 28-05-2010 a las 16:05 +1000, James Cameron escribi??:
> > ** (sugar-session:3122): WARNING **: Grab failed, another application
> > may already have access to key '<alt>Tab'
>
> Oh, yeah... I think I get it now: it's just a race condition between the
> shell and metacity:
>
> 1) we run metacity
> 2) we run the shell
> 3) metacity grabs alt-TAB
> 4) the shell goes idle and invokes setup_keyhandler_cb in sugar-session
> 5) KeyHandler tries to grab alt-TAB, but fails
> 5) the shell receives the "window-manager-changed" event
> 6) the shell tells metacity to hand off alt-tab
>
> So it seems we could solve the issue by moving the initialization of the
> KeyHandler into setup_keyhandler_cb.

I figured something like that might have been happening, I even tried
installing matchbox and configuring /usr/bin/sugar to use it.  But no
luck.  Where is the code that does "6" above?  Did I really see a sleep
before metacity?  Fixing a race with sleep is risky.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/