[Sugar-devel] [Tecnologia] More Sugar 0.88 bugs to work on

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat May 29 23:40:32 EDT 2010

El Fri, 28-05-2010 a las 16:05 +1000, James Cameron escribió:
> On Alt/Tab not working, shell.log contains:
>
> ** (sugar-session:3122): WARNING **: Grab failed, another application
> may already have access to key '<alt><shift>Tab'
>
> ** (sugar-session:3122): WARNING **: Grab failed, another application
> may already have access to key '<alt>Tab'

Oh, yeah... I think I get it now: it's just a race condition between the
shell and metacity:

1) we run metacity
2) we run the shell
3) metacity grabs alt-TAB
4) the shell goes idle and invokes setup_keyhandler_cb in sugar-session
5) KeyHandler tries to grab alt-TAB, but fails
5) the shell receives the "window-manager-changed" event
6) the shell tells metacity to hand off alt-tab

So it seems we could solve the issue by moving the initialization of the
KeyHandler into setup_keyhandler_cb.