[Sugar-devel] More Sugar 0.88 bugs to work on

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri May 28 01:18:39 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 09:17:11AM -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> On the plane to Miami, I've reorganized some of the reports sent by
> various testers:
>
> >=== Bugs reported against os240 ===
> >[ ] Alt-1 does not capture a screenshot

It does for me!  (os240py).

> Probably the same of ALT-Tab not working. I bet we're eating all the
> ALT events for the start-new function in the Favorites view. Who would
> like to work on this?

Alt/Tab doesn't work for me on os240py.

Here's some test results:

1.  temporarily removed HomeWindow.__init__() connect calls for
key-press-event and key-release-event, restarted, no change to symptom,
but the start-new function is certainly disabled,

2.  in Terminal, using Alt/Tab is being handled by the shell in the
Terminal, and displays words from shell history, suggesting that a
modifier is visible to the shell, therefore it is being passed to the
terminal emulation ... which means in turn that there is no X client
that has a grab on the key, which is what a window manager would
normally do.

3.  xev over ssh shows Alt key is "keycode 64 (keysym 0xffe9, Alt_L)",
and Alt/Tab is "state 0x8, keycode 23 (keysym 0xff09, Tab)" which
verifies that no X client has the key grabbed.

My gut feel is that the globalkey key grabber called in KeyHandler isn't
aware of an Alt/Tab binding.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/