[Sugar-devel] Gitorious having issues this morning

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Thu May 27 11:51:58 EDT 2010

Excerpts from James Simmons's message of Thu May 27 14:31:46 +0000 2010:

> I was using git.sugarlabs.org this morning, doing a push to a new
> repository.  I got a mysterious "fatal" error saying bad object.
If the name of the bad object was a bunch of zeros, then that's normal
for now (and hopefully fixed once we upgrade gitorious itself).

> When
> I checked the website it looked like everything got pushed up OK, but
> when I try to click on the source file name to view it I get:
>
> Not sure we can display this blob nicely (it's a "application/python"
> mimetype), try viewing the raw data and see if your browser figures it
> out.
That's probably caused by the updates OSU-OSL did a few weeks ago.
Ruby apparently ships a hardcoded file name -> MIME type mapping instead
of consulting the system database (/etc/mime.types).
I'll try to fix it, but will need to wait for bernie. I don't feel
comfortable hacking gitorious on my own...

> Now clicking on the raw data link causes the program to be downloaded
> rather than displayed,
That's because your browser doesn't know how to handle application/python,
either. Depending on the browser, you can try teaching it to just display
application/python content inline as text.

[1] http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar/repos/mainline/blobs/master/src/jarabe/model/olpcmesh.py

Sascha
--
http://sascha.silbe.org/