[Sugar-devel] [Tecnologia] More Sugar 0.88 bugs to work on

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu May 27 10:17:48 EDT 2010

El Thu, 27-05-2010 a las 10:05 -0400, mabente escribió:
> We should do the same as we did for 0.84, the wiki page.

We *do* have a wiki page, but this time it's hosted by the Sugar Labs
Deployment Team:

  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Deployment_Team/Sugar-0.88_Notes

I just couldn't update it from the plane because Mediawiki does not
(yet) use git as its storage back-end :-)

> Because having the TODO in many different emails its a little bit
> confusing...

Indeed... I used to maintain the complete buglist in a text file on my
laptop. The wiki adds only a small amount of overhead to enable
collaborative editing. Anyone interested should "watch" the page to be
notified when someone else makes a change.

NOTE: I find bug trackers inadequate and clumsy tools for the purpose of
tracking progress on a project. What we need, in most cases, is just a
simple tuple with a task associated with an owner and a status. KISS!

For complex bugs, we can still file tickets in the various upstream bug
trackers and link them to the summary page. This approach doesn't scale
very well, but we don't expect to manage more than 30-40 items during
this cycle.