[Sugar-devel] review process follow-up.

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed May 26 05:56:00 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:47:35AM +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> I want them to stop doing redundant work,

Please tell me if I'm doing redundant work, and I'll back off.  It is
often difficult to know what work is being done, so without knowledge of
this it is quite likely that redundancy will occur.

> waiting for others to do
> something that nobody ends up doing,

I think a downstream might want to wait for others to do something that
nobody ends up doing ... that's a potential result of prioritisation by
the downstream.

(Why did you fix that, James, when there were more important things to
fix?)

> and stop waiting for SLs to do
> what they need without having to even talk about it.

I'm puzzled at that concept ... I can't see how SL can do something
without any communication at all.  ;-)

> I know there are several people working in finding ways for resources
> to reach upstream right now, but I find quite scary that SLs is seen
> as a group with a strong identity that intends to control users of
> Sugar.

That's a side-effect of strong maintenance principles.  Control of the
code means some control of users.  An alternative is a plethora of
forks.  Lower barriers on a fork demonstrates less control of users.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/