[Sugar-devel] New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 125 - control panel

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun May 23 21:49:06 EDT 2010

El Mon, 24-05-2010 a las 09:57 +1000, James Cameron escribió:
> "evenly spaced" was the wrong phrase, sorry.  I've tested again on Sugar
> 0.88, the icons are not regularly positioned horizontally.  That is,
> their centre to centre distance varies.  This looks unpleasant to me.

Oh, I see.  Doesn't disturb me so much, at least with the Spanish
labels. Wrapping might cause other kinds of difficulties...

Anyway, someone should rework this code at least to compute the number
of columns dynamically. Now it goes off-screen even with 4 columns.

> > Quick, let's backport also the control panel to 0.84! ;-)
>
> Yes, good idea.  Actually, we could backport all of 0.88 and call it
> 0.84.  Why stop there, why not backport all of 0.90 and call it 0.82?
> ;-)

Even better, we should never bump the minor release number and sneak new
features along with security updates, like Microsoft and Apple always
do. Only, their "critical updates" sometimes happen to bring in new DRM
schemes and stricter license enforcement ;-)