[Sugar-devel] New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 125 - control panel

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Sun May 23 04:46:17 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 14:11, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> El Fri, 21-05-2010 a las 23:01 -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis escribió:
>> Simple and quite effective :-)
>> Changing MAX_COLUMNS to 4 in /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/jarabe/controlpanel/gui.py did the trick.
>> And still has space for (just) one more control.
>
> Yes, but this is not general enough. It only happens to work for the
> 1200x900 display used by the XO-1 and XO-1.5. It would break even there
> if we change the font size or translate to a language with longer words.

Following the grid system that we should be using for layout, columns
would have a size expressed in whole cell units and a fixed number of
columns would work everywhere, though for wide screens there would be
some waste.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Sugar_Interface/Layout_Guidelines

About text, I'm afraid we cannot do anything else than let them wrap
if are too long, and just scroll vertically as needed.

Regards,

Tomeu