[Sugar-devel] OLPC mesh support in Sugar-0.84

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed May 19 20:09:25 EDT 2010

On 19 May 2010 20:45, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> Why not shift the XO-1 users and deployments onto 0.88?

You're talking about a huge amount of work here, with only a small
amount of community resources working directly on XO1. And we've
already seen a handful of issues on the list which will generate
difficulties once 0.88 starts running on XOs.

Backporting mesh support will be quite easy. I speak from experience
because I already did it on the near-final patches.

Even if an 0.88 upgrade happens, backporting deployment-important new
developments will still be required (especially if they solve feature
regressions) because 0.88 is no longer the tip of development.

Daniel