[Sugar-devel] 3G Support backport, solved method name clash

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed May 19 11:10:59 EDT 2010

On 19 May 2010 11:46, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> The set_state() was changed since sugar.graphics.Palette (of which
> GsmPalette is a subclass) already provides a method called
> set_state(), which is used for different purposes.

Ah, indeed.
And this wasn't necessary for 0.88 since Palette.set_state was already
renamed to set_palette_state().

But... the reason behind this change is that GtkWidget also defines a
set_state method.
http://cgit.sugarlabs.org/sugar-toolkit/mainline/commit/?id=68fa6bf0931039e4d3db893c0614ca9fda1be3fd

So, in 0.88, the GsmPalette class is unintentionally overridding a
GtkWidget method. We should fix this in 0.88 too, in my opinion.

Daniel