[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] TuxPaint-4 experimental release

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun May 16 20:05:48 EDT 2010

El Sun, 16-05-2010 a las 09:33 +0000, Aleksey Lim escribió:

> > The new bundle id is just "org.tuxpaint". Shouldn't it be
> > "org.tuxpaint.TuxPaint" instead? Or maybe "org.sugarlabs.TuxPaint",
> > since you're maintaining it?
>
> But why not just org.tuxpaint, there is proper DNS name - tuxpaint.org
> and there are no other tuxpaint related activities.
> (and changing bundle_id once more w/o strong reasons will just confuse
> users since v4 supports journal integration).

It seems that the original intent was to do something similar to Java's
convention for globally unique names: com.example.PackageName.

Admittedly, the entire bundle_id idea seems ill guided to me, as one
can't install two copies of Foo.activity, regardless of their IDs being
globally unique. In this regard, org.tuxpaint.sugar-is-lame was quite
appropriate :-)